Did 2008 blow past you like it did me? This past year went by really fast, and if I didn't have this blog, I'd be completely convinced that I spent the entire time passed out on the couch, eating bon-bons on the couch, surfing with my laptop on the couch, getting lucky on the couch...
Teehee -- just kidding :) Anyway, here's a quick recap of what I did/read/watched in 2008...
Books I Read
- Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet - by Rose Elliot
- Joshi's Holistic Detox - by Dr. Nish Yoshi
- Surrender - by Kimberly Zant
- Go Green, Live Rich - by David Bach
- Twilight - by Stephanie Meyer
- Twilight 2: New Moon - by Stephanie Meyer
- Twilight 3: Eclipse - by Stephanie Meyer
- Twilight 4: Breaking Dawn - by Stephanie Meyer
- Your Money or Your Life - by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin
- Filipino Homestyle Dishes - by Norma Olizon-Chikiamco
- Iron Man - Starring Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow
- Wall-E - Starring Ben Burtt, Elissa Knight, Jeff Garlin
1) "My Kids are AWESOME" Moment:
When my kids asked to have another Earth Hour.
2) Biggest Disappointment:
Allowing myself to gain 20lbs, hitting 136lbs
Tackling this is going to be my Big Project of 2009.
3) Thing that Amazed Me Most About Myself:
My patience and ability to deal with time-consuming inconveniences
Like washing dishes by hand (when dishwasher died), packing bags of clothes to wash at distant laundromat (when washer died), opening/closing the heavy garage door by hand (when the garage door opener died) -- and I'm still doing all of these things to this day.
4) Most Favourite Item Acquired:
My ASUS eeePC laptop
5) Favourite Beauty Product Purchased:
Aveda Liptint in Coco Plum
Looks good and softens my lips in this dryness that is the Canadian Prairie.
A close second: Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Serum
6) Act(s) I Wish I'd Seen Live in Concert:
7) Movies I Wish I'd Seen at the Theatre:
Mamma Mia, Narnia: Prince Caspian, Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull
There are some movies you just have to see on the big screen... IMAX, if possible.
8) Something I Wish I'd Done More of:
Gone out on dates with Roomie more
...although we did have some status meetings that were pretty awesome :)
9) Most Notable Food Discoveries:
raw foods, green smoothies, Tom Yum soup
10) Favourite Song of the Year:
I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
This song is just so much fun and light-hearted. And I LOVE the power behind Katy Perry's voice. Roomie thinks it's just "meh", and I can see how he can think that, but I still like it.
A close second: Squeeze Me - Kraak & Smaak
Okay, that's it for 2008! Hope your 2008 was good too. See you in 2009!