This year, I decided to change the name of my "year end recap of the awesome stuff that happened". For my 2009 list and 2010 list, it used to be "the tits".
OMG, I used to call it THE TITS!!! What was I thinking?! Did I think I would sound cool or "street"?! Where's the maturity? The class that was supposed to come out of my ass?! I'm a 40-something mom of two for pete's sake! Clearly, I must've been drunk or high. Or something.
Anyway, "the tits" is out -- "yumminess" is in. For now. Onward!
Is it just me or was 2011 a little... off? Yeah, it was a weird year for me. I did a lot of things that I wouldn't normally do, and although I'm all for life-long learning, growing, and staying open for new things, I pushed myself to do things that weren't characteristically ME. And really, in the end, I got nothing out of it.
There's "Better Me". Then, there's "Someone Else". Guess which one I'm aiming for in 2012? ;)
But, you know, there were some pretty great things that happened. It wasn't all crap! So, hang to your hat, here comes the yummy.
Okay, here we go... in no particular order...
- my garden in the Spring.
- that my son made it as the only Grade 3 student in the Grade 4-6 Spelling Bee.
- when I got compliments on my makeup that only consists of 4 products and takes me less than 3 minutes to do.
- Sweet Talkin' Ken.
- all the "I Love You, Mama" and "You are the Best Mama" notes I've received.
- decaf half-sweet caramel brulee lattes with whip and extra sprinkles from Starbucks.
- that my pretty little girl got her ears pierced.
- when I reconnected with old friends on Facebook that I haven't seen in FOREVER.
- the gorgeous new curtains -- that I sewed all by myself!
- my kids as Bender and Leela for Halloween.
- the continuation of our monthly Sushi with Larry with my girlfriends.
- my beautiful new bathroom.
- getting together with lovely long-missed girlfriends.
- The Big Bang Theory, and seeing old friends and colleagues come to life through Sheldon, Leonard, Howard, and Raj.
- that I got my brand spankin' new Starbucks gold card.
- that my daughter was invited to take her Grade 2 ballet exams for the Royal Academy of Dance.
- afternoons with the bff, hanging at the coffee shop, drinking cold icy drinks on a hot summer day.
- dancing with my daughter at her Summer Recital.
- feeding ducks at the park with my kids.
- lists of stuff I love.
- that we bought an awesome minivan, fell in love with it, and now can never do without it.
- that my son danced hip hop on stage for the first time.
- the best collections of sci-fi and fantasy shows on the air: Fringe, Eureka, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sanctuary, Red Dwarf, Futurama, Wizards of Waverly Place.
- grilled cheese sandwiches made with swiss ementhal.
- when we watched a real-life royal wedding!!! Squee!!!
How about you? What's on YOUR list of