"You glow!" "So slim!" "You're skin is so clear." "You look SO much healthier..."
Yes, my Life Candy peeps, I got all of those compliments -- and more! -- thanks to my first ever Isagenix 30-day cleanse.
OMG, I wish I could tell you exactly how awesome it's been. I'm going to try. And I'm INCREDIBLY EXCITED about all of this, so I may just start to sound like some crazy televangelist. If I do, please don't hurt me. Or hate me. Or throw chips and cinnamon buns at me, because I won't eat them, and they'll just make a big mess on my floor.
Alright, here we go.
I'm nervous. Seriously, as I contemplate pushing the "Publish" button, I can't feel my legs. And the reason is because, before I did this cleanse, everyone thought I was "just fine", "normal looking", and "didn't have to lose any weight".
You all knew me as Skinny Nenette!!! In reality, I was hiding a very unhealthy person under all the sweaters, parkas and "black" slimming clothes.
No, I was never 200 lbs. But when your doctor strongly suggests you do a cleanse, you're likely not the slim healthy waif everyone seems to think you are.
So, with all those misconceptions, the sight of my Before pic may come as a shock. Or cause a coronary. You may want to have a paramedic nearby.
Okay. Go ahead -- you'll see what I mean...
waist: 39 inches
hips: 39 inches
weight: 147 pounds
- No matter what I did (the exercising and healthy eating), the weight kept climbing and climbing and wouldn't come off!
- Excess belly fat (from the side, I looked about 8 months pregnant) and swollen hands and feet.
- These were the size 7 jeans I wore shortly after Lam was born 10 years ago, and now I couldn't even button them!
- I was in a constant brain fog.
- Always tired. Highly dependent on caffeine (green tea) and sugar for energy.
- Sleep was never restful and I always felt exhausted in the morning.
- Felt and looked older. People stopped saying I look younger than my age.
- Dull dark complexion.
- Doesn't my head look tiny compared to the rest of my body?
- Unable to handle stressful situations.
- Accomplishing the simplest tasks seemed to take so much effort.
- I was just trying to get through each day, merely existing. I wasn't living.
AFTER 30 DAYS
inches lost all over: 18.25 inches
- I fit into my size 7 jeans again!
- I get second glances from guys again... even though I'm old enough to be their mother! :)
- Skin is glowing, clear and soft! One of my besties Michelle even said so!
- Can now wear my wedding ring and Iron Ring that I couldn't wear since 2009.
- SO MUCH ENERGY with NO caffeine and sugar! One week into the program, I had the energy to do workouts, volunteer at my kids' school, and even consider opening up my hula dance school again!
- Stressful situations don't throw me off as they used to.
- Feel calm and mellow (except, of course, when my kids act like monkeys on uppers. Armed with boxing gloves. And spears.).
- Above and beyond the notable physical change has been the mental shift. It's like someone took my brain, spit-shined it (in the most hygienic way possible, of course), snapped it back in place, and threw some Tabasco® sauce on it. It burns! It burns!... but in a good way because I feel alive again.
- I've removed as many existing commitments and time-wasters as I could, surrounding myself only with people and activities that uplift me.
- I take care of my appearance more -- wearing makeup, doing my nails, shopping -- because I feel I'm worth it.
- I have healthy habits. I crave healthy stuff like salad, fish, and slow cooked lean meat. I drink a ton of water now. I'm more active now, taking dance class and arranging to meet up with a personal trainer. I EAT LESS!
UPDATE: JULY 15, 2012
total weight loss: 23 pounds
inches lost all over: 25.5 inches
My energy is still up, I'm running after my kids, and I'm feeling really great. I'm enjoying the summer and the fact that I can wear my swim suit and tighter clothes without being afraid that I have lumps and bumps popping out!
Also, Roomie himself has a shake right after every run, and it supports his muscle growth and recovery! This program is really great for athletes!
Now, I'm off to buy a belt for my already skinny jeans... :)
This 30-day cleanse was just a kickstart to a healthier lifestyle...
- For a small-boned woman with a height of 5'3", I'd like to hit 115-120 pounds or a bodyfat percentage of 21%, which ever comes first.
- My goal waist-size is 32 inches, which, according to the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, is the magic number that will take me out of the high-risk zone for high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. With a family history of hypertension and high blood pressure, for me this is key!
(To determine your risk, go to their page and find your magic number.)
- Fitness is my goal... more muscle, strength, stamina, endurance.
More than anything else, I'd like to thank Roomie, the kids, my family, friends, fellow-Isapeeps, and coaches -- especially my dear friend Sly who got me on this in the first place -- for all of your love and support through this incredible journey. Especially the friends and family who cheered me on and stood by me even though they had no idea what I was even doing. Your trust in me -- that I was smart enough to do the research and choose what was best for myself -- meant so much.
You all had a part in my better health and my quest to be around long enough to play with my great-grandkids! :)
Well, folks, that's my story! If you want to do it too, just send me an email, and I'll hook you up and help you through it all from the beginning to the end of your journey. Or you can check out all the products and even sign up online through this link. I'll be there with you to answer questions, give you tips, and hold your hand if need be.
Stay well, my darling readers. (Back to regularly scheduled awesomeness...)
SUMMARY OF MY 30-DAY CLEANSE POSTS
- Cleanse Day 1: And We Begin.
- Cleanse Days 2-3: Hmmm... This Actually Works.
- Cleanse Days 4-7: Um, are you... high?
- Cleanse Days 8-9: Game Changer.
- Cleanse Days 10-14: Keepin' On.
- Cleanse Days 15-16: Getting Easier.
- Cleanse Days 17-21: Whoa.
- Cleanse Days 22-23: The Annual Illness Strikes Again.
- Cleanse Days 24-28: Becoming Fit Without Trying. Kinda.
- Cleanse Days 29-30: And... Done. Okay, Not Really.