"So, last night, all 4 of us grabbed our favourite munchies and packed ourselves on the couch to watch Futurama: Bender's Game. We were all comfy cozy (Mini even fell asleep) and together as a family -- the best way to ring in the new year.That was 3 years ago, but just change the 2009 to 2012 -- plus the fact that only 3 of us had our favourite munchies (thanks to my cleanse) -- and you'll have what we did last night! Hey, if something works, why change it, right?!
Now, it's 2009."
And we're going to do this with our babies for as many years as we can, because, let's face it, it won't be long before Lam will be all "I'm spending New Year's with my girlfriend" and Mini will be going to big NYE gala parties with her girls in her sparkly dress and high heels. Despite her dad's efforts to make her wear a turtle neck, jeans, and Sorels instead.
|NOT sparkly high heels|
So, now that I've put to bed a weird-and-somewhat-off 2011, I'm looking forward. And, baby, I KNOW that 2012 is going to be a much better, super-awesome year. I have BIG PLANS -- because if I don't plan, I'll get nothing done.
Okay, here's my TO-DO List...
- Eat clean. Buy organic again. Cleanse periodically. Use my new slow cooker regularly.
- Take a dance class. Just one. Maybe the Adult Hip-Hop or Jazz. Or maybe the Lyrical class Karen, a fellow dance mom, suggested I join.
- Finish painting the dining room, foyer, stairwell/hall, and back landing. Nice crisp white, like my family room. My house needs to stop being so beige and dreary.
- Declutter. As usual. And regularly.
- Wear makeup before leaving the house. Minerals, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick -- done in less than 3 minutes. So easy, and I always get a ton of compliments, so WHY IN THE WORLD have I ever hesitated?!
- Revamp my wardrobe. Rediscover my style. I had one, and I loved it. So, what happened? Also, DON'T buy anything unless I love it and feel comfortable in it.
- Be okay with colouring my hair. Roomie says I'm gorgeous and should allow myself to grow old gracefully. But the number of greys have been growing exponentially, faster than I've been comfortable with.
- Relax. Worry less. De-stress. Practice hatha yoga once a week. Bedtime by 9:30pm. Sleep enough. Rest when tired (this one is surprisingly difficult to do). No laptop in bed -- just a smutty romance novel, then lights out.
- Write more. Develop my writing style more. On my blog. On other blogs. Continue to get paid for my writing..
- Comment on at least 8 blogs per day. Includes replying on other blogs of those who've visited my blog.
- Make a schedule and finish one project at a time. And no taking on new projects until the previous/current ones are done.
- Have dinner with my pretend boyfriend Gerard Butler, dazzle him with my beauty and wit, and despite all his begging, refuse to run away with him. I will let this go when it is done. And not a minute before.