It's been so long since I've done one of these! And if you look back through my archives, you'll see just how much I love them!!!
I found this one on Theta Mom® where the always-awesome Heather thought she'd give her many new readers a bit of a refresher on her. I figure I should
steal this do the same here... you know, as part of my fresh new start. :) Thanks, Heather!
a) If you feel I haven't yet overshared enough, please feel free to ask any question in the comments.
b) If you want to do this too, I'd love it if you would come back and share your link in the comments.
Okay, here we go...
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Bryan Adams
2. What has been your favorite age so far? 30... It all started when Roomie threw me an awesome surprise birthday party. Then, Roomie and I turned down a relocation by Nortel and subsequently got 2 severance packages that enabled us to take a year off, get married, and go on 2 honeymoons -- one to Cancun and the other to Drumheller.
3. Where did you meet your husband? in university. it may have during calculus class, but neither of us are sure. we may have both been drunk at the time.
4. How many children do you have? 2 and they are the most adorable children in the world. truth.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? yes, in church, when I was still a good Catholic girl and played the organ and sang in the choir. my parents forced me to. it was a nightmare.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? height. I love tall men.
7. What really turns you off? the lack of consideration of others.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? during fall/winter: decaf pumpkin spice latte... during spring/summer: iced half-sweet shaken green tea.
9. What is your biggest mistake? not moving out of my parents house sooner.
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? I wanted to be a nurse, then grew up to realize that I hate the sight of blood. nurses apparently have to deal with that sort of thing. hm.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. my thumbs are different. from each other.
12. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? definitely, Phineas & Ferb is one of my favourite shows... and I will watch Max & Ruby when I'm sad and missing my kids' toddler years. I'm a sentimental fool sometimes.
13. Did you have braces? yes... from grade 9 to the beginning of grade 12. with my big glasses and perm, I looked like your basic 80s nightmare.
14. Favorite Social Network? Facebook... for now... until they do something to piss me off. again.
15. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? Roomie stood on a chair in the middle of a crowded lecture hall and declared that I was the most beautiful woman in the world. thing is, I don't think his intention was in any way romantic. and I don't think he knew he would end up married to his "most beautiful woman in the world".
16. When do you know it’s love? when you can't imagine life without the other person. or the other person's rich. kidding.
17. Do you speak any other languages? my first language was Tagalog/Filipino.
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? do I look like I need to tan?!
19. What magazines do you read? I read the occasional MoneySense, InStyle, and Style at Home... and when I say occasional, I mean, once every 6-10 months.
20. What is playing on your iPod right now? Rihanna's Only Girl (In The World)
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? yes, on the way back home from the airport upon our return from our Cancun honeymoon. it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? yes, my paternal grandfather. I was his first ever grandchild, and he helped raised me when my parents and I still lived in the Philippines. we were thick as thieves, and he approved of, when I, at the age of 2, beat up kids much older than me.
23. Do you watch MTV? nope, but I do watch MuchMoreMusic. #iamcanadian
24. What’s something that really annoys you? when my kids just drop stuff (toys, crayons, stuffies, pokemon cards, lego...) on the floor when they're done with it. and then when I bring it to their attention, they say "I'll put it away in a bit, Mama" but then don't. UGH.
25. Which television show were you sad to say goodbye to? Friends... and Stargate Atlantis, SGU,...
26. Can you dance? yes, I dance Hawaiian Hula, Filipino cultural dances, tango, cha cha, waltz, and others when persuaded by Mr. GinAndTonic.
27. What’s your favorite place in the world? Hawai'i, as long as my husband and kids are with me.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? no.
29. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Gerard Butler, you know, so I can dazzle him with my beauty and wit, then despite all his begging, refuse to run away with him.
30. If you could change one thing in the world for your child, what would it be? eliminate my daughter's peanut allergy.