I founded Life Candy in 2007 as a lifestyle blog with a focus on family life. Today, it's about personal evolution, recapturing my inner and outer Saucy Girl, the place where I document my journey in becoming better, stronger, faster in body, mind, and soul
In the pages of this blog, you'll find my love of health and wellness, fitness, adventures with friends, balanced living, the joys of being a girl, and the sweet and saucy moments of everyday life.
You'll occasionally find my family here too -- as proof that I haven't eaten my children (because they're so sweet and cute. Like cupcakes. Or leche flan.) or left my husband for my pretend boyfriends Gerard Butler, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Victor Webster.
So grab a cup of green tea/wine/tequila, wrap yourself in your favourite blanket, and relax while you dig into the pages of Life Candy.
Want to hang out? Drop me a line! And thanks for visiting!
- I dance and weight train as my workouts of choice.
- I read smutty erotic romance novels and personal development books.
- Nothing calms me faster and deeper than the scents of coconut and jasmine.
- I transformed my body and drop a crapload of weight in 2012. Now I help others do it too.
- I love Doctor Who, sarongs, and blueberries.
- I loathe wearing turtlenecks and the sound of the word "moist".
- I have a degree in Computer Engineering.
- I have been a family life blogger, Hawai'ian hula and Tahitian dance school director and instructor, researcher, software design engineer, boutique model, and new wave band bassist.
Where I've been featured:
- I was interviewed for Flare Magazine in 2005 for my hula school and performance group, Makana Aloha Hula
- I had the honour of being interviewed by my dear friend Bruna for her blog Bees with Honey (blog) "Let's BEE Friends with... Nenette", (June 2011)
Where I've written:
- Studio30Plus - The Magazine (blog) - Guest Post "The Return of the Crazy Sex Goddess", (February 2011)
- WifelySteps.com (blog) - Guest Post "Much More than a Fairy Tale", (July 2010)
- CanadaMomsBlog.com (blog) - Contributing Writer (March 12 2009 - February 14 2010)
** Various posts were selected by McClatchy-Tribune for syndication. **
- BirthVine (magazine) - Guest Writer "Our Family Bed", Spring 2006 - Volume 6 Issue 1.