I live with a man. A very cute, intelligent, funny man of Northern European (Brit - Scot - Austrian - Dutch) ancestry... 6' tall, runner's physique... salt-n-pepper hair, green/blue/grey eyes... looks a little like Gerry Butler. No, that's not why I married him... he didn't look like Ger when I met him 20 years ago... eh, maybe I saw the potential. :)
Aside from a shower, a swipe of deodorant, and an occasional beard clipping, he needs nothing to make him look and smell like his cute, yummy self.
And then there's me.
Now, I'd like to think I'm low maintenance. And really, if you compare me to many women, I am. But when I was tallying up the contents of my makeup case, I was astounded! When I counted every individual article, it was definitely more than I thought! Here. Have a look...
1. Olay Total Effects moisturizer
2. Rimmel brow gel
3. lash curler
4. XXL waterproof mascara
5. Aveda eyeliner - cacao
6. Aveda tinted moisturizer (which I use as concealer and eyeshadow)
7. Aveda lipsaver balm
8. Aveda lipliner - morena (which I use as an all over lip colour)
9. Aveda eyeshadow (comes in a tube... don't quite remember the name)
10. MAC retractable lip brush
11. makeup pencil sharpener
14. Aveda Confixor styling lotion
15. PM Tea Tree shampoo
16. PM Tea Tree conditioner
17. Lush Olive Branch shower gel
18. contact lens solution
19. Fruits & Passions Jasmin perfume
20. cuticle stone
21. Dior nail polish
22. nail clippers
No, I don't use facial cleanser or toner... just water and a good washcloth... I've never had a breakout since! :)
So, what do you think? I don't think I'll make it under 100 at this rate. Maybe 200... or 300...