It's birthday week for Roomie and me. Mine's tomorrow! I'll be turning 42, which is, as many of you know, the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything. Yup, a lot of pressure on such a small number. Yes, it's a small number. Really.
So, since it's almost my birthday, my brain's all fogged up with Halloween candy and Roomie Birthday cake sugar floating all around in it, and it's Friday, I declare that we should have some Nenette-no-think-much fun! Yay! Okay.
Marilyn decided to start a meme, and as you know, I love a good meme. And this one totally is.
It has some minimalist leanings, so I was piqued. What if we could have only one? Imagine the lack of clutter in our lives. See? Don't you love it already? Anyway, let's begin.
If you could only have one_______ for life, what would it be?
- Condiment: Soy sauce. You know, for item #10. And the fact that I'm Southeast Asian. We put that s---- on everything.
- City to live in: I want to live in Canada, but since we haven't annexed Turks and Caicos yet, I'm stuck with 4 seasons. Toronto is too big, and Vancouver is too cloudy and depressing in the winter. I've never been to the Maritime Provinces, so I can't say whether I like them or not. So, gotta say Winnipeg which is where I'm currently writing this awesome post.
- Place to vacation to: London. Because I've never been. And because people say it's nice. I love the accent, and the shopping, and the history. Totally the history.
- Colour to wear: White. Weird, eh? Because if you know me in real life, I'm always wearing black. Thing is, I'd be wearing white if I weren't such a spilly spaz.
- Celebrity/Character crush: Okay, this may be a bit of a shocker... Gerard Butler. I know, I know, hard to believe because I rarely ever talk about him. I even consider him my, get this, pretend boyfriend. I KNOW, RIGHT?!
- Dessert to eat: It used to be pavlova, but I think it's creme brulee. Know what it's like to creme brulee your face off? I do.
- Book to read: Hitchhiker's Guide Trilogy by Douglas Adams. Okay, I may have cheated with that one because it's a trilogy of 4 stories all in one big book. But really, it's the best.
- Television series to watch: You all know it's 'Allo 'Allo, right? It's just too funny! The French "hero" has the courage of a hamster, the Resistance is always coming up with cockamamie schemes to help a couple of blundering British airmen escape back to England, no one understands English, the Nazis and Gestapo are each scheming to get The Portrait of the Fallen Madonna with the big boobies to sell after the war, and everyone is hiding in broom cupboards getting it on. Perfection, really.
- Cartoon character as a roomate: I'd choose Leela from Futurama. She's got money (from her job at Planet Express), I can borrow her clothes (remember, I like to wear white), and she's always away for work.
- Type of food to eat (assuming that we can sustain ourselves easily off of one thing): This one is so easy - sushi. And I would use the soy sauce from #1.
Wow, my apartment/house would be so spartan, and I'd have nothing to clean! Wish I could live like that now. Seriously. I'm looking at my kids' crap all over my floor and want to scream.
Okay, now I'm tagging Toni, Harmzie, Jenny, Loukia, and Adam to do this too. And you. Do it, and let me know!