I'm doing this meme because CakeSpy told me to, and also because, well, I'm PMS-ing, and my sweet tooth is holding me hostage. I'm willing to don my rain boots and make an ass of myself at The Cupcakery, which wouldn't be too difficult considering I'm a spaz especially while PMS-ing, and they've been closed for about an hour now.
So, because I'd rather not be charged with B&E, I'll just do this meme.
You wanna do it too? Okay, here's how...
1) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions
2) Bold all of the sweets you’ve eaten--or make them a different type color.
4) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your “To Do” List.
5) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results--or just post a comment letting us know how many you've tried, or what you're going to try next!
Okay, let's begin...
- Red Velvet Cake
Princess Torte- Marzipan sometimes gives me a headache... not all the time, just enough to make me wary.
- Whoopie Pie
Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar- Cheese? Seriously?
- Baklava - You have to sample some made by a friend's Greek grandmother. I have. All others since then can't compare.
- Black and white cookie
- Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
- Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies)
- Just-fried (still hot) doughnut - Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and oh my god!
- Scone with clotted cream
- Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy
- Banana pudding with nilla wafers
- Bubble tea (with tapioca "pearls") - My favourite is the lychee green tea from Famous Wok in Polo Park... oh, I want one now...
- Dixie Cup
- Rice Krispie treats - Just learned how to make these... microwaves are the best!
- Girl Scout cookies
- Moon cake
- Candy Apple
- Baked Alaska
Brooklyn Egg Cream- Not into the raw egg thing
- Nanaimo bar
- Baba au rhum
- King Cake
- Pavlova - My FAVOURITE on this list!!!
- Tres Leches Cake
- Shoofly Pie
- Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime)
- Panna Cotta
- New York Cheesecake
- Napoleon / mille-fueille
- Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake
- Anzac biscuits
- Pizzelle - My kids love this one...
- Moon Pie
- Dutch baby
- Boston Cream Pie
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies
- Gooey butter cake
- Green tea cake or cookies
- Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
- Crème brûlée - This comes in at 2nd place after the Pavlova.
- Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake)
- Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
- Jelly Roll
- Pop Tarts
- Charlotte Russe
- An "upside down" dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)
- Hummingbird Cake
- Jell-O from a mold
- Black forest cake
Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)- I've never liked Ritz Crackers
- Linzer torte
- Stollen - When it's good, it's awesome... I've rarely sampled 'awesome'.
- Angel Food Cake
- Mincemeat pie
- Opera Cake
- Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
- Pain au chocolat
- A piece of Gingerbread House
- Cannoli - One of my girlfriends had this as their wedding cake... She's a very smart girl.
- Rainbow cookies
- Petits fours
- Chocolate Souffle
- Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
- Homemade marshmallows
- Rigo Janci
- Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)
- Coke or Cola cake
- Gateau Basque
- S'mores - we always take the ingredients when we go camping but we never make it... no one seems to like it!
- Figgy Pudding
- Bananas foster or other flaming dessert
- Joe Froggers
- Millionaire's Shortbread
- Animal crackers
1) I apparently am willing to sample a lot of different sweets... not much holding me back -- just some cheese and raw egg.
2) I didn't know the names of many of the sweets I've eaten. I follow the link to the picture and say "Oh, so that's what they call it!"
3) I always picture myself eating sweets with a cup of Timmie's decaf double cream.
4) I haven't eaten nearly as many sweets as I should have by now! Cripes, I better get cracking!
Image by ericmcgregor